fragile heart colourful and quirky wool and felt accessories

handmade felt

Friday 13 April 2012

introducing violet...

 finally I have one... after months of searching charity shops in the hopes of finding an interesting, old battered one (no chance!, everyone kept telling me...and they were right!!), I had an idea to ask for one as an early birthday present. So now I have my own tailors dummy (thank you Jayne for letting me borrow your Betty for weeks at a time), her name is Violet and I just love draping things over her.
 Here she is draped with some gorgeous cotton scrim I bought from Raes Rags on Etsy. I just love the colours she has used to dye this piece... 
 so I was inspired to make a piece of felt using similar colours and then made these flower brooches.
 Here's Violet again, sporting a necklace I made this week.
And, still on a pupley, pinky, turquoisey theme I made this piece of felt yesterday using oddments of silk and cotton and made several heart brooches from  it....

....and embellished them with a few more scraps and a bit of needle felting.
 Hope everyone enjoyed a lovely Easter break!!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Well, poor Violet working on her first day in the job! Hasn't even had time to meet her pal Betty! More gorgeous colours from Mrs P - doing what she does best creating gorgeous colour combinations and then making lovely accessories. Jayne x

Catharina Maria said...

Do you sell any off your hearts ???
Love ♥RINI♥

Unknown said...

thank you Catharina for your lovely comments. I have had hearts for sale on my Etsy shop but they have sold. I will put more on soon. You can go to my Etsy shop by using the link from my blog. Best wishes.....gill x